The gender wage gap costs a full time working woman an average of $435,000+ over the course of her career (and for women of color, it's even more.)
A woman needs to work 11 additional years to achieve income equality with a male counterpart. And if that wasn’t bad enough, when a woman reaches retirement age, she earns in less social security, since benefits are determined by wage history, and her savings must stretch about 4.9 years longer based on average life expectancy.
We may not be formally taught how to negotiate in school, but it’s never too late to learn. Develop your negotiation skills now so that you can advocate for yourself in all aspects of your work and life.
- The negotiation basics you never learned
- How to deal with awkward questions about your "salary requirements"
- Why you should always make the first offer
- Proven woman-specific strategies backed up by research
- Time to practice what you've learned and discuss with your peers
About Ladies Get Paid:
Ladies Get Paid helps women rise up. Through education, community, and activism, our mission is to support women to advocate for themselves at work. Membership is free: sign up at ladiesgetpaid.com.